Well I’m back. I’m sure the few followers I had have long forgotten about this blog. I’ve thought about writing several times, but I wanted to be in a better place than what I was – no more depressing rants! Lots of things have improved, some have not, but finding a path for me and our family has definitely been accomplished. :)
1. My hubby graduated from school with his Masters Degree in Teaching. Yay! But surprise, surprise, no teaching job was to be in our future. So what to do? Only what he does best and has done since he was 14. Antiques.
2. Antiques? Yep. My husbands parents and grandparents are all in the antique business. He grew up in that world and knows all about so many things…especially English Antiques. Go him! So he has officially joined his father’s business, they are now 50/50 partners, which is wonderful and scary all at the same time. We’ve put what little money we had left into this (and my little venture) so we are praying that this is what God has had planned for us all along and that we are doing exactly what we need to do. He’s in England right now on a buying trip and will return next week. We’re excited about the future for us and for there business.
3. I’ve been working on all aspects of “me”. Not knowing what I wanted out of a career or even the ability to find a job, was really tough. But we live in a small town and there was just not much out there. Plus, I have 2 kids and a slew of health problems, so finding the right fit is almost impossible. But, alas, the sky has opened up. Taking care of my health is what I’ve been focusing on and though I haven’t noticed a reduction in pain, I have lost over 40 lbs. Yay! About 45 more to go and I’ll be down to a healthy weight. I’m hoping the more I lose, the healthier I will be, the less my pain will be, and things can only go up from there. On the job front, I decided to do the stuff that I love to do in my spare time, full time. What is that?
4. Introducing Big Eyed Bird Designs. :) It’s small and a work in progress. It allows me to take care of my kiddos and work in my spare time, although I try to carve out some structured work hours each day. It’s an eclectic mix of various crafts, sewing projects, children’s accessories (hair clips, etc.) and vintage and repurposed items. Love! I don’t know if it’ll be a success, but this is where my journey has led me and I know God has a plan for us all. So I’m hoping I’ve finally found where I need to be. And this is the stuff that I love to do and I am good at doing. Wanna check it out? www.facebook.com/BigEyedBirdDesigns
So this is me. And this is what we’ve been working on the last several months. The girls have gotten so big. I’ve worked on me and my husband has worked on himself and figuring out our stuff. Life is tough. But we are meant to be and we love each and every moment together and as a family. I’m going to start posting regularly again and it’ll be like it was. Just a hodge podge of everything! A little bit of me and a lot of what I love. :)
- I may have got carried away… (clickclicksnapsnap.wordpress.com)
- What Spare Time? (butterfliesanddragons.wordpress.com)
- In My Spare Time (krameratmarket.wordpress.com)
- Parents Rewind! We’re Losing a Necessity! by Dawn Poulterer (thebarnabascenter.wordpress.com)